Friday, August 21, 2009

Happy Days

Josh is going to school! I went on Tuesday to a school that I was really hoping he was going to. It's brand new and awesome, just for these special kido's. I had all his IEP's from the previous school ready to hand over. As I went to find the opening, which is still under contruction a little, I was helped by a nice lady in finding my way. Then I met up with another individual who took me to the office where they decide which school would be best out of the two that are in the 2 districts. After meeting with a couple of people, it was decided that he would go to the newer one. YIPEE! I told them to be open minded of reading his file and not to pre-judge Josh's past. They assured me they completely understood. I even told them about the suspension...they were surprised and shock that a school such action, especially during the rough transition period our family was going through. They assured me they would never suspend a student but rather have them take a "time" out at home until they got the situation under control at school and it was a better situation..Who would of ever thought of that?
Later that day the principal called to assure me of the safety of Josh and that if there ever was a problem, there are people to help...WOW!!! such a change from CHS!!!
Josh and I went for a visit (cause that helps in transitioning) on Thursday to see his new school. He was happy to get his tennis shoes on and ride in the car. I kept telling him that he will be making new friends and seeing his new teacher. When we arrived, he wouldn't let go of my hand...I know...sweet! The lady that helped out on Tuesday was there and took us around. Josh climbed the stairs and met his new teacher. The pricipal and asst. principal all came to see Josh (maybe it was because I told them I didn't trust administration...heehee) He shook their hands and said his name...very polite. It was a great experience.
I met with the "team" again today to go over the past and get him set with a new IEP, new behavior plan...kinda scarey...yet...Josh asked when he woke up if he was going to school. WONDERFUL sign!!! Now, the question ...is Mom is ready to let him go?

3 comments:

Dena said...

Your posts have brought me to tears. Again, prayers have been answered. AFTER the trial, comes the blessing...it's a promise we see over and over.
LOVE YOU

Linda said...

I can't believe all you have gone through with school, and I only know about parts of it. This new one sounds like it may be better than the last one-hopefully LOTS better.
Let us know how the "letting go" is going.

Sharla Jordan said...

How wonerful! Yeah for staff to listen to Mom and everyone working together. Have a great year Josh!