My verdict is finally in with this doctor...
SHE LISTENS....and is GOOD!
We had a "check-up" with J for his meds...seeing if they still are working.
I told her what was happening with his moods, when he got them and so on and so forth.
I also asked her about taking him off some. J's teacher at school suggested this and see if we can do more positive redirecting rather then medicine..
Who would have thought a teacher not wanting a child on medicine...So many doctors here are quick to put children on medicine, so I'm all for a new adventure.
So...as of Saturday we will slowly (cause it would be VERY dangerous) taking J off of his
noon medicine. If that goes well...we'll try the same pill coming off it in the morning.
Okay...so here is the problem we are coming across.
This medicine one of the side effects is constipation...now everyone knows J has had this problem since birth...but the silly GI doctor thought this "particular" meds were the cause of all his stomach whoas...
I told the "drug" doctor this concern, but that I didn't want to mess with his night time or else that will cause a more exciting behavior for us!
She agreed! YIPEE! So she is looking into others that will be for the same purpose of slumberhood. The only problem is some of them have the same side effects...
CONSTIPATION!
Did I tell you how awesome J was! He was especially happy to get his McD's
as his reward...and ate it all gone!
3 comments:
Yeah for dr who listen and way to go Josh for being so patient
Ask the drug doctor if using one of the herb that help bowels would be a good thing?
I make sure that my drug doctor knows EVERYTHING I am taking because there are some herbs that interfer with the meds we take.
Josh isn't on any herbs for his bowels. That is not why we are taking him off his noon. We are doing it because the teacher and I both think that we can encourage positive behavior without meds. The "Drug" doctor agreed.
Post a Comment