The first week of school, or first 3 days of school and NO suspension! HAHAAAA! Josh has been amazing! His school doesn't start until 10:00, so around 9:30ish we take him to the restroom..then we put on his tennis shoes...which by the way are practically brand new thanks to last year and not hardly wearing them. By the time I get my shoes on, grab the phone, keys...I then thought...you know, lets see if Josh will leave his little guys and his hat behind...I know, scarey thought. The first time I told him we needed to leave them, he flat out said NO. Then I told them, his little guys would wait right on the couch for him until his school was done. Now, to be honest, I ducted while I said this...thinking..here it comes...but no, he just looked at me. WHEW! I carefully took off his hat, reminded him it was alright and then he...that's right...Josh put his little guys in his hat and went out the door...I must be dreaming..NOPE! Of course our drive to Riverton is always exciting with Josh's enthusiasm of the cars, buses we pass, birds we try and hit...bahaha!
We then arrive at his beautiful school and it's so organized, teachers waiting for their students, all smiles...principal/administration all smiles and greeting the students...what a change that was compared to the "other" school. I drop him off and his classroom is wonderful. Snacks ready to greet them with, activites to get them going and teachers ready to have fun. Then I get to go home and wait for about 1 1/2 hours until I pick him up. We are slowly...I mean very slowly working on staying at school longer..TO MANY bad experiences. When I picked him up the first day, the teacher met me and told me how wonderful Josh was...WOW...The second day, I went up to his classroom (it's upstairs) and the lights were low, music was playing softly. The teacher told me this was their "down" time...cool! Josh was over in the bean bag chair just listening. He was very excited to go home. I was asked what goals we wanted Josh to accomplish this year. I really had to think, it's been so long since we were asked and not told. She gave me an idea about goals in vocational and lesure...like learning how to play UNO...COOL! On our way out the door another teacher (who has been wonderful in making me feel very comfortable...I just can't remember her name) asked Josh when his mom was going to let him ride the bus to school. Did I tell you that the bus comes right to our house...SWEET! So I told her next week...am I ready for that? I don't know, but Josh is sooooo excited to ride the bus...he is full of excitment after school even thought right now it's only 1 1/2 hours...then it will be 4 then 6...and that will be a first time in over 8 years that Josh has gone to school that long...YAH!
Can you all say, "Answers to prayers"....this is way we were brought to Utah!
3 comments:
This just brings tears of joy to my eyes!!! I love witnessing miracles right here in our own neighborhood!! Yeah Josh!!
Dianne
Joshie you are AMAZING!!!! Your new outfit is so handsome! Way to go buddy!
He looks happy...really happy! LOVE the picture. School...for the whole day....who would've thought??
LOVE YOU
Post a Comment