Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Doctors
We had the EKG done on Monday. You know you wonder if the person who gives the medicine to put the children out actually reads the instructions doctors have put done for their patients. I say this because we waited 45 minutes before they even started giving Josh medicine to calm him before they started the IV. They gave him small amounts...then the anastesiologist came in with a loud voice...Josh, are you awake...I thought, hey stupid...he is now! It took many more tries, and I was just laughing inside. In fact, they thought he was out during the EKG because he held still, but NOOOOO. I could hear him yelling in the waiting room. So they asked me to come back and calm him...So know we have a joke...how many nurses does it take to hold an 18 year old 163 pound boy down so he doesn't rip the IV or the oxygen meter off his finger and hands...the answer...4 plus mom! So once they took the IV out...Josh was out..so he couldn't go home and his oxygen level went very low..in the lower 80's. The nurse was patient and wonderful to help get his levels to safety zone. Outcome...EKG revealed that he does have the disease that prevents him from getting the medicine his pediatrican wanted him to recieve. I even have to put in down on his Medical Alert braclet...my thoughts...was this why our house hasn't sold yet? Is this why Josh needed to act the way he did so that we could find this out...makes you want to go ....HMMMMMM!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So what's gonna happen now?
more trials with different meds...takin him off some...FUN TIMES!!!
Post a Comment