Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Wednesday

Well, Monday J wasn't feeling up to going to school. Plus the weather was yucky and he was very sleepy. Why push it when I know his stomach is hurting?
So I called the GI doctor...again...thinking it would take the usual 48 hours to hear back.
By the afternoon the GI assistant called me and was told to increase the "magic" pill to the larger dose in the afternoon. So that meant big dose in the morning and big dose in the afternoon. I also told her of the struggle with getting more golytely. She said she'd try and get more for us, but had to check. Sweet! I'm liking this doctor!
Tuesday came, and J was a grouch. But....he went to school...kinda had a bi-polar day (NO he's not bi-polar!!!) but all in all he came home with smiles and was eating...even "trumpeting" if you know what I mean. (wink, wink)
Today, he woke up happy...I know...shocker...joy...the sun is out! J drank all his protein shake..slept a little. Then when it was time for school, he did a little complaining and asked why he needed to go. So I told him that his friends would miss him and he needed to say "Hi" to his teachers.
He then got right up, helped carried some trash to the garbage bin outside.
J definitely had a hop/skip in his step...
and a SMILE!

No comments: