Monday, November 1, 2010

21 days and counting!

This is how J has been since about Friday nightish....
This is a warning for the up coming weeks.  It's not even daylight savings day yet, so I really can't blame it on that and his meds...
The one thing I do know is that he is very uncomfortable.  His dad and I are assuming that there is a blockage in his bowels, yet once again.  Haven't a clue why...but there is. 
He shakes when he is sitting, when you can get him to sit on the toilet, so something must be hurting.  We've tried everything.  
We even did the leg exercises we did when he was a baby and colicky.  That only seemed to bring some noises from down under..and still more pain.  This my friends is why the surgery is a blessing.
To give you an example of how strong J is and how much pain he can endure...Sunday while some of the family were doing church business, his brother and I were trying to change him.  J didn't want to sit on the "thrown" and it took both of us to get him to partially sit, that means squatting.  It takes a lot of muscles for that.  When J wouldn't relax, we proceeded to put him in the shower in case an accident were to occur.  I gave him the unthinkable and while holding it in, standing in the shower and fighting with 2 people nothing happened.  His brother is now envious of the muscle strength J has.  He was able to release a little, but there is more pain, which means more inside that won't come down.  I know a little TMI, but this is what's going on.  
I haven't a clue what school will be like.  We've clipped his nails..but the hair pulling is back as well as any of the other behaviors we have all enjoyed coming across. (joking)  I really need to find cheap shirts!
Isn't it sad when you look forward to a surgery that could change the whole realm of things?

1 comment:

Sharla Jordan said...

Thank goodness there is surgery developed to improve his, your family's every day. We praying the next several weeks are endurable and life changing for the better.