Monday, December 6, 2010

"I Have to Eat My Food"

Leave it to our Italian meal to get J to eat.  It's a recipe that the Italian son taught us and has become one of J's favorite.  So when the boys and I sat down to eat, we prepared a little bowl for J with some juice.  J doesn't like taking his juice in a container in fear (I think) that medicine might be there...so we have a cup with a straw along side this Italian dish.  Basically he is licking the bowl clean and asked for another bowl. J is telling us that "he needs to eat his food"!  YAH!  YIPEE!  It's a start.
Well, yesterday we started with a little cheese..cause he can eat that now and not worry about the constipation problem.  Then Aunt Becky and Uncle Doug came over and brought cookies and yoplait smoothies they found at Costco.  So this morning I whipped one up and he drank a little
 (diluted with more milk, cause it was really thick)
This is a huge step!  He is drinking a lot of liquids which will help his kidneys..his head seems to be fine...now we are just getting his strength back.  He asks if he can go back to school...Joy to a mothers ear.
Life is looking good!

1 comment:

Sharla Jordan said...

This is wonderful news, YEAH!!!