Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I was Totally right!

Today was another day for J in the scopin' mode.
We checked into the hospital at 8:45, he wasn't to sure about that part.
Then we got to venture to the basement, a place I hadn't been yet at the hospital, so that was exciting and J likes the elevator.
They called us back, I let the nurses know all about the way J goes under...
You know the Do's and Don'ts.
It took only a couple of minutes before they called us back to the room where the were performing it.
This is where experience took place and I knew what was going on.
They tried to sedate him with putting stuff in his nose.  This is a problem since he is a mouth breather.
It took an additional 3 nurses to help with that.
They gave it to him more then 2x to get him sleepy so the IV could get in.
When we thought he was calm, they tried to start and IV.  Let's just say this is always an adventure and more people get involved.  At one time we even had the doctor adding sedation to his IV.  hahah!
They were out of breath and I just smiled.
I then went to the waiting room, just pulled out my iPod and they tell me it's all done.
WHAT?
Yup, he did good.  Oxygen was pretty good.
Results:
They dilated his small intestine to see if that would help.  Checked out the surgery spot and everything looks good.  Took some biopsy and we'll know that next week.
If...that is a 85% if, there is nothing wrong, then we will have to make the decision of the next surgery that is the last resort.  
Oh man!

No comments: