Friday, July 22, 2011

Now What?

Yesterday was our GI appointment.
Frankly, I don't know if they have us listed as one of "those" parents/patients that always complain.
The reason I say this is because the doctor seemed a little short and just doing a lot of hmm's and ah haa's.  Frustrating. So we told her how long J's stomach had been acting and what the symptoms were and what our regular physician had told us to do.
She then leaves the room (mind you, I forgot all the electronic gadgets to entertain J with) and comes back and says she is waiting for another doctor's opinion...I think he is one of the heads.
So she leaves a second time and he comes in with her.
This is the options we were given:
J will go in again for a scope and have "areas" stretched to see if that helps.  Last time they did this it only last 1 month.  A band aide basically.  Then we are to have a visit with the surgeon for the ultimate surgery.
That's right, those are our options, which I don't think are options since #2 doctor said the stretching would only work again for a short time and the other would be a fix...but it's a permanent fix.
Can J handle it? Can we handle it?
Isn't there anything else?
Looks like another long school year for J.
So for right now, I think I need to do some investigating and get over being numb about this whole thing.

No comments: