I know many are wondering and have heard this and that regarding our sweet J. So I will make sure everyone is getting the right story and update.
Wednesday J went in for surgery and the surgery went well. The doctor's exact words were, "It's a beautiful Stoma." Both D and I went back to recovery (remember last year...not fun) and J seemed to be doing well and eating ice chips. They put him on a normal floor. The problem that begin happening was at first they only were giving him an over the counter Tylenol for pain. That's right, how stupid is that! So they tried different things along with giving him an anti nausea medicine. D went back to work and I stayed there all night with J.
This brings us to early Thursday morning.
Around 3 they gave him a new pain medicine that seemed to wear off around 5. So I called the nurse and told her my concern and she said he was allowed pain medicine every 2 hours, so she gave him another dose in his IV. J feel back to sleep and I was at his bed side. Around 5:30 I noticed his breathing was getting a little off and weird. He took a deep breath and would stop or make a clicking sound. He did this twice. The second time, I got up and saw that face no one wants to see. He was glazed over and not breathing...AGAIN!
I hit the call switched, yelled at Josh to breath, there were no nurses around. I haven't the slightest idea how long it was before a nurse came in and I yelled, HE'S NOT BREATHING!!!!
CODE BLUE!
CPR was given, chest pumps and he was intabated. (I haven't the foggiest idea how to spell that)
I don't know how long he was gone for..BUT, he came back.
They put him on oxygen and lots of leads to monitor and moved us to a MICU. It's a step down from ICU but a closer watch then the normal rooms.
This is where J has been. Friday night he started throwing up...dinner from Tuesday, I know gross. So he was put on a strict water diet only to be given when medicine was taken. This morning he was upgraded to jello. His oxygen is having a roller coaster of a time. It's not pneumonia, just his lungs are a little on the clasp side.
The reason we originally went though, is going well.
3 comments:
Oh my goodness!!!! What a SCARY experience! Thank goodness you were there to notice. Keep giving us updates. We've been praying and fasting for him.
Doug and Pam our prayers are with you, I wondered if he was in the hospital again when I didn't see your car at home in the morning when I left for work. We would love to bring a meal in, what night would be best for you?
Please email me and let me know terihodgkinson@yahoo.com
We love J and pray for him daily. Thank you for taking the time to write about everything becuase none ofus really comprehends all that is involved in loving and caring for a Gentle Giant.
We love you all!
Post a Comment