Thursday, September 18, 2008

Medicine Makes the Difference

I really feel sorry for our physican who works really hard with Josh. She is a Saint! So we have a delima...Josh's night-time meds aren't working and even making him more cranky. We can't remove any until he gets an EKG which the only way to do that is to zonk him out! So....We found through experiement and yelling/hitting that Trazadone is not working! So .....We give him more Xanax to relax his little mind. We are trying to get the EKG done tomorrow with some manly help from the nurses in holding this boy down. In the meantime....we added a new medicine for the morning. Yah, yesterday we added this ity-bity dose and bang....it DIDN'T work! Amazing at what just 300mg can do when you add it to Josh's regular stuff. So back to the drawing boards. The doc kind of scared me saying that if this new medicine doesn't work, she hasn't a clue what to do. So....today she said to double the dose of the new to 600mg (eventually maybe getting to 1200mg)...it's working. Thanks to prayers! It's not a cure all, but the yelling has eased a little and so has the hitting...a little. But that is way better then yesterday. So I'm a little hopeful.
As I was reading on this story of a dad taking his Autistic sons life...I couldn't even imagine the thought. Josh is our son and we wouldn't have it any other way. Bruises heal, ear drums heal, diet coke and asprin work along with a few tears. Our love for Josh is to great to lose, no matter what state he is in and no matter what others think. I'm not looking for pitty parties (I have those only 1x a week) but prayers that this boys little mind will be at ease with all that is happening around him. I was told that he might not ever be at ease until our home sales and our family is one. Family is MOST important in Josh's life...You can feel the love....hahah!

No comments: