Sunday, September 28, 2008

Wonderer

This weekend actually was better in the long run then the last 6 weekends we've had to do this Utah thingy. Doug is learning how to redirect Josh with his voice, it's amazing..Josh was alittle bit more OCD then usual. He had to pick up everything including dog yucky, sticks, and gravel. It kept him busy. We all got tired of it to..just means more locks on the house so he doesn't escape. Which leads me to our next adventure. While I was at the bank, Doug took Josh to run some errands. While at one of our ward members houses, Josh decided that Dad was taking to long and left the car. He crossed over some grass to get to a main side street which eventually leads to one of our main streets...Patterson. Doug didn't know Josh had taken this route and was looking for him around the neighborhood. Thankfully, a wonderful member of our ward, saw Josh. They didn't know exactly what to do or where Doug or I were or if we even knew...nope I didn't know! They called their daughter whom I worked with and tried to get a hold of me (I'm still out of the loop) while the dad somehow thankfully got Josh into his truck and found Doug...I think that is how it went. I get a call from Doug saying that everything is alright with Josh and not to be worried. WHAT? I said why would I worry, he's with you...yup, your right, no clue...so he filled me in, I got upset...that for not even 1 hour, he loses Josh and during the week which I'm with him 24/7, I don't loose him. GRRRR...Doug continued to take Josh to finish the errands and everyone was fine. Yes, we do believe in Guardian angels and wonderful members of our ward that looked out for us. A HUGE THANK YOU!
Medicine is still an issue for Josh. His nighttime ones are finally working and he's getting some sleep. He is just a "monster" after taking them and getting him to bed. I imagine that he doesn't like the feel it has on his little body...that's just my guess. His daytime meds, we are just starting on. The doctor is very patient and is soo great at trying to get the right dose. Am I saying he's back to being the same ole Josh. NO. I wish that were so. It might take a while before Josh is back to being the "gentle giant"...but every know and then when he gives you a hug or smiles a little or sings his songs...he's there...just barely, but it's a start.

1 comment:

TroxelTribe said...

I'm glad that it all worked out ok. Funny, since I didn't have your cell phone #, I called Kati to get it - lol since that's who's house Doug was at. Unfortunately she didn't answer her cell phone. I guess I should have called the house phone too!