Thursday, September 4, 2008

Good Day

I thought I'd let every one know....yesterday we had the plumber and his assistant here for a very long time (poor guys) fixing our furnance. They had draped tarps over the stairs and all through the front room. Josh was asleep during this part. When he woke up, I have to admit I was scared he would "wig". Nope, he asked what it was for and I showed him what they were fixing. That's it...no hitting. He did yell every now and then at his toys...but very redirectable. His night meds are still a problem...we got away with hiding them in lemon yogurt...but I know he will catch on eventually. Josh woke up this morning in a pretty happy mood though, which is a change from the yelling he's done. Now I ask, I'm not a "professional educator" but I do know what type of an environment will calm an autistic boy!

No comments: