Well, we have a new plan...did anyone think we wouldn't. Right before Josh appointment I had started getting information to the district regarding Josh and spoke with the person in the district that works with these special students. Boy, the anxiety of Josh going back to school was great. I didn't know I still had those ill feelings when speaking about our former school district and trying to tell them where to get information about Josh. Plus, we had the doctor's appointment with the doctor who seemed to now listen at our last appointment...Yes, a vanilla coke was needed along with some calmness. Josh was really in a great mood and helped point out cars and catching them with excitement. We waited over 30 minutes to see this doctor. When I told him what I had observed, he asked if I wanted to keep trying the medicine. I said no, and then he said he had been thinking about a mood stabilizer medicine that works with patience that have seizures. He started of course with a very low dose and wants to see what it does in the 2 week time that he proclaims all medicine needs to see the effects in full motion. Fine! All I know is the side effects are not wonderful and had me concerned. So the next day (yesterday) Josh and I saw his regular doctor...he's gained 4 pounds...blood pressure is wonderful, Doctor said he was wonderful looking...YAH! She told me they do have side effects but this medicine has been around a long time and she has seen it work. I told her I was second guessing because now Josh is taking over 2 hours to fall asleep and awakes...hmmm...cranky! So I'm just to monitor this for 2 weeks and then tell this doctor what my conclusions are. In the meantime, another name is being given to me for a second opinion...we just have to get a hold of her. I've already seen a difference in Josh...I know it's only been 24 hours, but we are taking about Josh...some good some not so good that maybe with even out.
The district office here called and hopefully next week we'll start seeing his "new" school. Keep your fingers crossed.
2 comments:
You have so much patience,Pam! Glad to hear he is gaining more weight. Yeah!
Keep plugging along. You will keep Sonic in business...well, you AND me!
You need more pictures of Josh! His progress lets us know that our prayers are being answered!
Love you
Post a Comment