Sometimes you have to think about people in the medical profession and wonder where they got their training from. Now, I'm not saying all doctors are not worth the time or qwacks....but lately I've run into one. I've been told that this new medicine "remeron" is suppose to help Josh out. It's given at bedtime and suppose to last all the next day and help his sleep...Alright, now let's all back up a bit...when Josh was in the hospital they took him off his anti-sycotic meds (those were the ones that he had a reaction to...bad stuff) and were helping with his behavior. His night time meds were fine. But for some reason this doctor wants to get rid of his night time meds (he is on alot right now) and said Josh should only have to take the "cure all" medicine at night without any of the others...I kept telling him that wasn't going to work...it went in one ear and out the other! He kept saying, "I understand that mam"! GRRRRR!!!! He also told me that medicines take 10 to 14 days to really see it work....wrong again...not with Josh..within 48 hours we were seeing behaviors that we didn't want to see again. Yes, he's sleeping, but the "stupid" doctor added 30mg of a sleep aid along with all the other sleep aides Josh is on...Can you say we need a behavior medicine during the day? I kept telling him that Josh needs something to help him during the day and when that is taken care of he sleeps better and we can start thinking about getting rid of some of the night time medicine...NOPE, I was wrong in my thinking. I reminded the doctor that he has only known Josh since December 1st when Josh was admitted in the hospital and hasn't been through (choice words) the last 18 years! Again, he would say, "I understand that mam!" GRRRRR x2! Since being on this remeron, Josh has said his stomach hurts more, he's has more anxiety, he yells more and also shows his frustration ALOT more. Do you want your child on this? NO! This doctor also implied that we haven't punished Josh for his behavior either...okay, now that all of you are on my side (heehee) I'm finding a new doctor, although this particular one is suppose to be the best in this area...his listening skills are that of a 1st grader! and I've worked with 1st graders!...
Yup, so that's our update....Josh is eating a little bit more, oh....which is another side effect, an increase of appetite. If Josh isn't constantly eating, he's cranky....yah, not good. I don't mind snacks occasionally in the daytime, but not 24/7!
Theres my 2 cents for today!
1 comment:
I think medical school needs to include "How To Listen 101"!
Post a Comment