Friday, February 20, 2009

ER night!

Here is a question for you all....how long does it take to clean a wound and put 1...that's right 1 stitch in......here is your answer....almost 3 hours!
Okay, so here is the story...Josh of course is never boring and loves the hospital these days..(joking!) As soon as Doug got home, Josh, Dad and I took the two dogs walking down to get the mail. Doug had Bynx and I had Josh and Poe. Josh was trying really hard with Poe..but you know how puppies are..not cooperative! We did find on the way there, but on the way back, Josh started to pick up pace. So I jogged alittle to help him, then he just took off..I had slippers on (not good) and couldn't keep up with him nor Poe. I was right on Josh's heels, when I noticed his running going more of a slant. Problem! I couldn't get infront of him in time before he went down, I mean hard on the road. It was a mess. Doug and I were there immediately, I picked up Josh and saw the blood, Doug ran the dogs back to the house, while I got Josh home. We tried to clean the wounds up as best as we could, but his chin right below his lip was pretty deep. His upper lip had a cut and then his teeth were bleeding. Actually he chipped his two upper front teeth and a side tooth on top. (we are finding a dentist that can put him out today). By the time we got him to the closest ER (we still don't know which hospitals we are allowed to go to, Doug is getting the list today!) there was no one there. We got right in. 2 beds were filled and that's it. They were quick about seeing Josh, but then.....hmmm, maybe they forgot they needed to clean his wound and stitch it...By 8:00 (2 hours) the stupid nurse (worse nurse we have had) came in and told us to put some numbing stuff on the wound and without any feeling, but the guaze and take on Josh's chin. Yah, that made Josh happy. Told us to wait 30 minutes. I had time to go home and get a change of cloths for him. (accident) I got back and still waiting. They even said they would give him a popsicle...nope, never happend! By 8:45 the doctor (she was nice) cleaned his wound and stitched the "1" stitch..took all of 10 minutes...we were home after 9. We had to stop by McD's to get Josh some food, he was shakin a bit much and medicines were due...WHEW!
Needless to say, the wounds look pretty good today, I can only imagine how much he hurts...Can we all say tramatic events in the Roberts' home....Holy...Cow!

2 comments:

Crissie said...

Oh my goodness! Never a dull moment. Hope he feels better.

Dena said...

You are in our prayers, sis! Josh is sure lucky to have the amazing parents and family that he is blessed with. You COULD go a little less on the dramatic, tho!
Love you sis!