Progress? Hmm, that would be a question. Josh has lost more weight, but thanks to the doctors giving him some new liquid medicine to help with those poo's his stomach isn't hurting to much. He just can't sit for very long. I think it's cause there is hardly any padding. Any suggestions to put some meat/fat on this boy...he did gulp down some jello and pudding yesterday at the buffet, but that was about it. At least it's something. He's also picky, so we'll take what he eats, when he eats it. I look back at a year ago...when our family life was being turned upside down by past administration/students. Josh was happy and 60 pounds heavier. Wow, makes you think...how do we do this everyday ritual with Josh? I don't know, but his smiles and comments just make the day even brighter. We almost even like when he tries to hit us, that way we know he's in there....somewhere. We pulled out his stitch on Tuesday and he's picked his scab on his knee. (what boy doesn't pick their scabs)...we see Dr. Quack on Tuesday...but ohhhhh, we are prepared! Our "small town" doctor sent us a letter stating all of Josh's "problems" so that we can get guardianship of him. Yah, I can't wait to show this letter to "Big" Dr. Quack and shut him up! oh...did I say that...YAH! At least I'm brave today...we'll see what Tuesday brings!
3 comments:
You go girl! You can do it. I like when you share your thoughts and struggles with us....it makes you human. You know, otherwise we would just assume you are already a saint and waiting for that translated thingy. Besides, you give us strength to fight our own battles. Love you sis
Laura has made a request for a referal but hasn't herad back yet. Hopefully Monday or Tuesday. Sorry it wasn't before this next apointment.
Good Luck! We are excited to see you guys--we have really missed you.
Post a Comment