No Josh isn't/hasn't been cleaned out yet...GRRR! So last Friday when I last posted we were awaiting the doctor's call to tell us what to do...and we waited...Then Monday I made a few calls...leaving messages and getting people who took those messages, that were not easy to understand...love that! I was told by a "message" person that our doctor wanted Josh to have a certain type of x-ray plus to go down to the clinic and have the GI's there clean him out...Wow, this was news to me...I thought the hosptial cleans him out. So I was to leave a message with the GI clinic and find out what the heck was going on...No one called me back...GRRR (that's 2 GRR's, keep track!) Eventually the doctor called around 4ish and said that she wanted Josh to get his stomach x-rayed to see how much "poo" was in there..and she would call after she read the results. She said she reads x-rays every two hours..great. So Doug takes Josh down and of course, Josh "loves" doing the x-rays...Good thing Doug was patience. Had the x-rays done and now we wait....and wait....and wait!
We are on Tuesday...still waiting! GRRRR! So I called them back, it's now 4ish...the nurse calls me back (no, not the doctor) and says...yes, Josh is constipated (duh) and yes, he needs to be cleaned out...duh! So our options are: We can give him more Golytely and 2 innemas a night and see if that works...WRONG! Or go to the hosptial...my vote...go to the hosptial...it will work faster and they can make sure it's all gone...So, I told this nurse my concern about doing the "clean-out" at home...and that Josh wouldn't cooperate that much more...I mean seriously...who would! So she said, she would have the doctor call after the doctor was done with clinicals and let me know what the next step is....we are still waiting and it's 7:40 p.m.!!!! GRRRRRRRRR
For those of you wondering...yes, Josh has had this since birth, but it's continued to get worse with the sickness he had last winter...yes, we have tried all those silly home remedies...miralax...etc...He just has awesome "BUTT" muscles that holds everything in...sorry, that was a bit PG-13...
GRRRRRRRR
3 comments:
Only 5 GRRRRR's?? You should have many, many more. That is SO frustrating! DUMB doctors!!
Maybe tomorrow??
Still praying for you.
What was your blessing today??
My blessing was that Josh's stomach wasn't as clogged as it was in June. I was also blessed to have a great phone call from a sister and mother, who care about our family.
FRUSTRATING! we really hope Josh gets to feeling better and the dr's can help him soon.
Post a Comment