After visiting 2 doctors within a 4 hour time slot and having only 2 hours of sleep the verdict is....crap! (that's funny!). The "drug" doctor is finally amazing, and listens to the parents. I had told her that I didn't want to change his medicine, that his behavior was due to him not feeling well. She agreed and said that we, the parents would now best...amazing! So she wrote out more refills and off we went. We had 30 minutes before leaving again for Josh's regular physican, which getting that appointment was truly a miracle. I had called earlier in the day to see if we could see her...I was tired and wanting Josh to be happy again! They said that she only had 1 appointment or else I had to wait another 2 weeks...WHEW! Prayers are answered and we took the appointment. Anyways, so we get to the doctor and didn't have to wait to long...this was good, Josh was not in the mood to wait..He has lost another 5 pounds, NOT GOOD...So the doctor definately knew we weren't just in there to say, "HI"..In the end, she gave us some medicine for his infected toe (again) and said if by Thursday morning we didn't see any improvements, then it was probably his stomach, bowels...stopped up again.
I had asked the doctor why this keeps happening, that it didn't happen this much in GJ..she and I both think it's the effects from his dystonia last winter and his body is just slowly trying to recover...that and he went from 170 lbs to 119 lbs...so his body just needs to shrink those inners and poop!
I then asked her about this GI guy to see if he was the best. She assured me he was and I told her about "training" Josh to poo on Wednesday and Sundays and how silly that really was. She agreed but said, what he probably meant was to retrain his intestines to relieve themselves since they have been use to storing more then they should especially with his weight loss. Okay, that made more since...but how they are going to do that? Who knows! I just know we might/probably, 95% chance be back at the hospital...not primary, but the U of U for a good "clean out" JOY!!!!
1 comment:
It's great to hear the appointments went well. We'll keep praying for Josh to feel better.
Post a Comment