Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Doing GREAT...except sleep!

After the throwing up episode we had, J has seemed to be handling things pretty well.
Everything is moving accordingly and he even tells us before they move (you get the idea)
After soooooo many years...SWEET!
And....while on our way to see a very awesome movie, I was showing his Dad how J can spell his name.
So, cool!  He gets all the letters except the last two...which I think is pretty good considering no one has ever been able to do that and it was all verbal!
YAH!  His teachers are helping him use sentences to ask for items while the other classmates use the pec system.  J had been on a pec system while in CO, but it really never worked since he does speak and can communicate his needs....most of the time.
So there has definitely been progress at this wonderful school he attends!
Now, we just have to get him back to sleeping more then 1 to 3 hours a night.  It's getting old.
On the positive side of this....there hasn't been any...I mean ANY behaviors that have been negative....
(knocking on wood!)
Happy Day!

No comments: