Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Weird

This was very weird.
J seemed fine when I picked him up from school.  They said he had a good day...well, that changed once we started for the car.  He started making that gagging noise...the noise right before the throw up...
I thought maybe he was choking on a cracker and asked if he was alright.
I opened my car door and he did it again...a couple of times.  Great...you know what might happen in you know who's car.  Thankfully we made it home without an accident.
He said he needed to go throw up and went to the bathroom.  Then the "gates" were opened.  Poor child!
I won't go into detail.
I then gave him a couple of sips of a Capri Sun with his noon meds in hope they wouldn't bounce and come up.  Well, 1 hour later...it did...good thing we still cover our couch.  Let's just say this happened all day and into the night. We were able to get tiny sips of Sprite down him and it would last for about 10 to 15 minutes.  Our physician in Co once said if we could keep it down him for that long, then chances were he wouldn't get dehydrated.  Our fingers were crossed.  Our neighbor in the meadow came over to help administer a blessing to him (thank you sooo much).  J then went up and threw up one more time.
He didn't go to sleep right off and we didn't want to give him more meds so we were praying that he would be weak enough for his stomach to settle and get some rest. 
Thankfully he did.
This morning we have been on small sips of Sprite.  So far so good...If we haven't thrown up by noon we might add a cracker.  
So what caused this?
I haven't a clue.
Maybe something he ate at school?
I'm still waiting to hear if they went into the community on an activity to get something to eat and J somehow got food poisoning.
I just don't know and it's just sooo random.
So he's home and will probably be home tomorrow to get back eating.
It's a bummer, he was doing so good to...
One step forward...two steps back!

1 comment:

Sharla Jordan said...

We hope Josh gets back to feeling great and making improvements asap. Hugs for ya Josh!