It's happening again, and no one knows why. We noticed J's stoma starting to decrease in size on Monday. So we called the surgeon who was out of town at the time but would call back (they are really good at that). To document the decreasing size, I took a picture in case the doctor wanted me to send it to him. His nurse called the next morning and said that the doctor wanted the pic and gave me his email to send it. 2 hours later, they said to keep track of "it" and if anything changes to immediately call.
We have our regular appointment with him on the 14th, but with how things are decreasing in size, it looks like it might be moved to next Tuesday. Still waiting on the call. They don't want it to get as bad as in December, so they are having us monitor it pretty closely. The surgeon actually doesn't know what's going on and why this seems to happen around the same time (it's been 8 weeks from the Surgery, which was about the same time it happened in December). He has consulted with GI specialists at the a joining hospital to see if they have ever seen this happen. Thankfully they have in very few cases...it's NOT common!!! We are given about a 85% chance we are having surgery again...to do what? Who knows...There are no words for this situation...or no words I can write!
2 comments:
*Sigh* Such frustration Pam! I just don't know how you deal with all of this. Poor J. I hate that he (and you guys) have to go through all of this. I wish there is something I could do.
So sorry that is happening again--our prayers are definitely with Josh and your family
Post a Comment