Saturday, June 30, 2012

Problems with the Gadget

Sunday we noticed that J's gadget hadn't been sticking and there was a terrible rash.  Plus "it" had started retracting...again! So of course we take pictures so that we have documentation to send to the surgeon.  Monday, the gadget didn't stick, we tried a powder for the rash and took more pictures.  This time we sent them to the surgeon...just so he could be caught up on what's going on.  We didn't get a response, so we just kept an eye on "it".  Then Friday the 29th, it was completely flesh...not out at all, but still working.  We took pictures, and sent them again to the surgeon.  This time I called his office.  Knowing that it's a Friday, I didn't expect to hear anything until the first of next week.
 As soon as I told the secretary my name, she knew exactly who we were talking about.  I love this office! She asked if I had emailed the pictures like before and I told her I did. I told her I wasn't panicking, but needed to just know if it looked like we needed to be concerned or just to keep an eye on it.  She said the surgeon was in the OR but she would leave him a text to look at his email and have him decide what to do.  Sweet!
Last night around 8 I received an email from the surgeon stating that we needed to be concerned.  It wasn't normal and that he will talk with his secretary on Monday and get us seen on Tuesday.
Wonderful!  At least it's summer time and everyone is home.  Emotions are just running high at this point.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not again! I am praying for you. Let me know how it goes tomorrow.
Becky R