Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I disagree!

Most of the time, articles that come out about Autism I throw away...seriously!
I read them and then think, how can they really know what causes Autism?
Do they really know how to treat every cause...meaning, there are sooo many varieties of this spectrum.
Or....is it another one of those gum ball opinions?
I know this is going to offend people, but seriously....I don't care at this moment!!!
J is almost 22, his older brother did a fantastic research paper with news articles, studies, etc.. back over 10 years ago and it seems as if I'm reading a 9th grade report all over again!
J has had many, I mean many MRI's, CT scans and every time, his brain is normal.  Interesting.
So why is he still Autistic, what is that magic cure, there has to be a magic pill or something...
Right?!~
Seriously folks, at least in my case, it's just the way it is.  Deal with it!
I only have ONE child with Autism, not 2, not 3 or all of my children...Just ONE SPECIAL one.
So for me, I'm thinking it's not hereditary, it's not in the genes...at least that is my opinion.
I could be just old fashion, or have accepted having a son who is different.  I've done it for over 18 years.  
Back in the dinosaur days  (sarcasm) doctors weren't as quick to Label or diagnose Autism as they are in present days. We were told that not every child is the same when we thought something was wrong. Yes, we had many doctor's opinions and many got them out of gumball machines.  Like one for instance said that J was normal but he was lazy and would need extra help with school work etc. HAHAHA!~
It wasn't until J was about 5 and doing both PT and OT therapy that they had some testing and reach the diagnosis of both, that's right folks, both Autism with Mental Retardation. 
I understand technology is so much better then it was, which is a wonderful invention. The articles stay the same though.
Just my opinion.

No comments: