Tuesday after changing J's gadget, we noticed that the incision hole where they went in to place the mesh was open and when you put a little pressure on it, a white liquid came out.
Not good!
So I yelled for Dad to get the camera and tried to take pictures. J didn't cooperate as well this time. I think he is getting a little camera shy.
So the pictures came out a little blurry, but I sent them off to Dr. Surgeon to see what he thought. By the afternoon, I hadn't heard anything and J was complaining more and more about not feeling good. So I called his office and left a message. I was to work at the temple, but cancelled just in case we needed to go up to the "Hotel".
I received an email from Dr. Surgeon telling me to keep an eye on it and he would show it to Dr. Mesh (the surgeon that put the mesh in) in the morning.
Wednesday I decided even though the gadget didn't need to be replacing, to remove it and see if I could get a better picture. It was still oozing, and on the opposite side there was some redness and swelling. So I took pictures of that and sent it off to Dr. Surgeon. This was around 7:45 in the morning and by 8:23 we had a phone call saying J needed to come up for surgery.
GREAT!
So we got ready and J had emergency fix-it surgery around 1. They washed the wound, cleansed it with antibiotics and then put a drain in it that comes out into his pull-up. Smart thinking. It wasn't a long surgery. Dr. Surgeon doesn't think the mesh is working and stated that Dr. Mesh is in denial and to probably plan another surgery in 2 to 3 weeks to take the mesh out and who knows what. He also said J doesn't follow the rules of medicine (duh!) and we just replied that J never followed rules from the time I was pregnant with him.
We were able to leave by the late afternoon with 2 heavy duty antibiotics. Thankfully there isn't any spillage in side of J and it's all going out of his body. Does that make since? No repeats of December!
We did let Dr. Surgeon know that we wanted J fixed by the holidays, so we could possibly have ONE holiday season without being up at the "hotel"!
It's a good GOAL!
1 comment:
That IS a good goal! I'll pray for that one. Thanks for posting about what is happening.
Post a Comment