Thursday, November 8, 2012

Toe Surgery or No Toe Surgery

So Tuesday J was suppose to get his toes worked on.  He has had reoccurring in grown toes on his 2 big toes for ever it seems.  We keep trying to trim them correct, then soak them, then put medicine on them.  We then talk to his regular doctor, she puts him on antibiotics because they ALWAYS get infected.  He gets mad...blah, blah...so we finally decided that after his "regular" surgery..we would get the toes done so that he never has to have that pain again.
If life were that simple.
Our appointment was on Tuesday.  His brother came to help, just in case.  We go in, he gets weighed...he's lost more weight.  Then the nurse wants him to sit in "the" chair.  RIGHT?!  Even our surgeon doesn't attempt that.
J doesn't want to.  I explain what the situation is, and that our primary care physician should have filled the doctor in with how J rolls.
NOPE!
The nurse goes and gets the doctor, I take off the socks (J isn't happy about that) and he agrees, J needs to have work done on the toes.  NO WAY!
I ask if they are putting J under, he tells me no, and I say under my breath...good luck with keeping your teeth!
So we finally get J in the chair, I'm holding his upper body, brother is holding his knees and legs and the doctor and nurse are trying to stick J with a needle in ONE toe to get it numb. That's all they had to do was to hold a stinkin toe! J moves and the doctor removes the needle.  The doctor attempts to do this 3 more times and fails.  I mean seriously what child likes a needle poked in him and just sits there.  You do it fast idiot!
After telling us that J will have to be put under with sedation to have his toes done and to wait for the nurse to set up the appointment, we left rather ticked! I think J's brother was more ticked then I was.  I just laughed at another idiot doctor who got his degree from the good ole gum ball machine.
So how are J's toes...infected.  I'm suppose to keep them soaked, put some neosporen on them until we can get in.  
AWESOME!
We did go to the McD's and get fries and ice cream.  That made us all happy.

No comments: