Saturday, October 27, 2012

The Week After

It happened again!
Exactly one week after the surgery J goes in a downward spin.  Behaviors, eating, sleeping all go south! The good thing about it, is that this downward spin only last approx. 1 week.  That is accordingly to all the other 5 hospital stays.  
You know it's going to be a bad week when you go to hug J and he shows you the love through his fist and as you are trying to tell him you love him, he's yelling at you.  Awesome!
Well, I don't give up!
Yesterday I did our normal routine.  After his shower, I put my arms gently around him and told him that I loved him.  Then I held him and ask him, what he tells me...I give him the first part...I...
He finished (probably gritting his teeth) I love you.  It didn't matter how he said it, what matters is that he is saying it again, which just means the bad week is almost over.  Today was even a step better.  I had my arms around him once again and asked him the same thing I do every morning.  "What do you tell Mommy?" his reply, "I love you" very softly.
YAH~
Now for sleeping and eating!

1 comment:

Dena said...

You are AMAZING!!