Friday, August 16, 2013

Our Next Step

Well, we talked with the GI or rather I talked with her and J was wonderful.  He even got up on the examining table (which he never does) and let her poke around. He wasn't happy when she neared the stoma area or his stomach and said he wanted to go home. Thankfully we brought the mini and had Tinkerbell going. I told her what we had basically gone through since February. That the drug doctor helped us get pain medication, but only until we say her. After the consult, she went to talk with another associate to see what they thought.  Kind of a second opinion. When she returned, she told me she had called Dr. Surgeon to see what he thinks.  They both are thinking its a mechanical problem with the tunneling. So we are awaiting a call from the surgeon to see when he wants to "scope" J to figure if there is a kink somewhere.  I asked what the next step was after the scoping and was told we won't know until that point.
I think it's going to be a long winter.

No comments: