Sunday, November 30, 2008
Helpless
What is a mother to do when she sees her son, wasting away. Literally that is what Josh is doing. I thought coming off medicines would be wonderful, Josh would be back to the gentle giant and laugh again. WRONG! He's not on nearly as much medicine as in Aug-Sept. but he's lost so much weight. Swallowing is difficult and sometimes he forgets. I haven't a clue how to get him to swollow, just having patience and hoping he'll get it. Sometimes he forgets how to such from a straw. This is heart breaking. Thanksgiving where he usually enjoys the mashed potates and noodle gravey, he didn't even touch. I've tried ensure, drinkable yogurt, which he did 2 bottles (but they were small). He is very weak and shakes when trying to go up those stairs (which he was doing I don't know how many times a day), can't stand on his own...ugh! Hopefully tomorrow when I call the doctor (the new one) she might be able to give us some answers or something. We even lessen the dose of liquid at night thinking it might be the cause. This is a servere call for divine intervention and for all those that would like to join in fasting next sunday on behalf of Josh, we would greatly appreciate it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment