Yesterday we had the scary appointment of meeting a new Medicine doctor. After our experience with Dr. Quack...I was a little hesitant, but our family and extended has really included Josh in their prayers along with a doctor that will be the right one. Well, I think we found her...I had to fill out mega forms with all his medicine past and present which are a lot once you thing about it. At the meeting, she asked me what she needed to know with Josh...man, where do I begin. So I kinda briefly told her what has happened in the past and then this last year with the Dad and Bry being away for 9 weekes, the move, dystonia...etc! WHEW! Then she started interacting with Josh...what? That's new...she understood Josh wasn't going to answer the questions until I helped, but she joined in...wonderful! She asked about past doctors that I had listed, which no, I didn't list Dr. Quack due to his opinion is nothing to me. She was very interested in speaking with our physican in GJ. Amazing! Then she looked at the medicine he's been on, questioned why he was taken off his anxiety medicine (see I was right about that one) and put him back on it...HAHAH! In your face Dr. Quack (sorry, a little immature there)! His medicine stayed the same, she didn't want him on generic for his behavior and said she found the generic version had different effects...WOW! I was never told that...so he's on the real stuff...and slept!!!! YIPEE! I'm a happy mom!
She then said due to Josh's transitioning of the move maybe after the summer I would be interested in talking to a behavioral specialist for school and that transition. She gave me the option. Then said she didn't see a point in seeing us before school started unless something changes in his mood etc...and....I have a number to her direct line! YAH!
I know, you all might say...don't jump to high, it might be to good to be true...but the nightmear (sp) we have been through, this is an angel sent gift!
3 comments:
By the sound of things, you have found a good Doc for Josh. Hopefully this will be THE DOC for him.
I imagine you almost had tears of joy after the appointment, mingled with cries of "hooray" and a few leaps of happiness!
Glad you both got to sleep last night.
Thank goodness!!! Hope it continues to go well!
Hooray! Hallelujah for the full night sleep.
Post a Comment