Sunday, December 13, 2009

Another Doctor with a Gumball Degree!

I thought we were done with Dr. Quack's...nope, I think we met his clueless twin in the GI department. J had his procedure done on Friday and was amazing considering. Thursday (day before) we had jello all day and he was a trouper...plus drinking another "stool" softner. This one, as many know, you have to drink 8 oz every 10 to 15 minutes. We knew J wouldn't stand for that, so we started Wednesday night giving him this liquid beverage as much as we could.
When Friday came, he had finished almost 1/2 of the "mega" liter container. J even took his meds all before 6:53 a.m. The procedure was at 9... so we were well within the 2 hour limit.
Early meds...how scarey...Nope! It wasn't!
I took him in, yes, by myself (brave sole) and then we waited. When they called us back, J was to get into his gown. hahah! Nope, that wasn't going to happen. I gave the nurses a quick lesson on J-man. They were wonderful after that. IV's, heart monitor...the works...just no gown.
When J was prepped the doctor came in and told me that he was going to a colonoscopy...
duh..I knew that!
Then he asked if J's poo was clear....NO..he asked why not...I told him this..."Normal people know they have to drink the yucky juice all before the procedure...People like J don't care. If they don't like it they won't drink it...we did the best we could." His response..."oh, I see..well... we will try and get some visuals or send you home." My response..."isn't that the whole reason we are here, to see why J is backed up"...hmmmm?
UGH!
They were able to scope the whole colon, not see a whole lot, but take biopsy's all the way through..J didn't come out of his "nap" easy...he loves sleeping...so I mentioned hamburgers/fries...tickled his face, got him to smile...and he was ready enough to go.
As soon as the first McD's came into view, he was wide eyed and ready for food..Poor kid was starving...
Now on to the holidays!

No comments: