Saturday, January 22, 2011

Refills!!!


We all know that J is on medication, some stronger then others.  Usually you have to wait for a grace period to get these medications refilled...I believe within 3 days of when you need them.  Honestly, if I have a couple left, I look at the last time we refilled and then call up the pharmacy.
Well, we were getting pretty low on one of his anxiety meds, this one I don't have on auto refill...should have!
I also noticed his BIG behavior one was getting low and both were filled the 20th of December, so I was well within the time line of getting them refilled.
The behavior one has a new prescription written for it, so I thought, I might as well go down and give them the newly written prescription and fill the anxiety one, which I had 3 more refills on.
Here's the problem.  Evidently the anxiety one has expired!  Oh CRAP!  I ask them if there is anyway I could just pay for 4 to get us through til Monday when I call the doctor (remember she is not going to be his doctor for very long).  Nope!  They said because it's one of "those" drugs that people sell to get money, they couldn't do it.  WHAT?!!! Even though I still had 3 refills left, they wouldn't do it.
Then....
The behavior one, for some reason the doctor's number wasn't getting approved by one of the insurances.  Thankfully we do have enough until maybe...Tuesday.
Guess what I'll be doing on Monday...ASAP...
Calling J's primary care doctor and telling her what's going on.
Because of all this frustration, I checked his other medicine.  The ones that helps J sleep, it expired also...
Good thing we have enough to last a little while on that.
So, we are trying to make the anxiety one last by cutting it up.  So far, so good.
Monday, might not be so good.
I also think it was because there was new people filling the medicine.  The usual ones that have helped us before weren't there.
BUMMER!

No comments: