So yesterday I decided it was time to see if the replacement was on our insurance. I called the office that he works at and the receptionist gave me the run around about not being covered on our insurance. WHAT? I'm looking at his name right now on the list. Then she tells me he has a waiting list and he only sees clients on Wednesday. GRRRR
So I began to call...a numerous amount of doctors. This is some of the replies I received; There is either a 2 year wait, 6 month wait, we don't treat someone of that age, we don't treat someone with those disabilities. Holy CRAP!
I called J's primary physician to tell her my frustration and see if she could get us one of the medicines that J will need refilling by the middle of April and if she had any suggestions as to names of people to manage his medicines. I mean seriously people...this is ridiculous!
Something told me to go back to the first original doctor that was "suppose" to take over for our #3 doctor. So I called the office again. Told the receptionist that I was looking for someone to manage J's medicine and that I was told Dr ? was taking over Dr. ? She asked me what insurance I had (first thought was...oh no! Here we go again) so I told her and she said that he could be seen in May...WHAT? So what was the first phone call I made and all the bologna I went through? I'll still need the prescription for April...but it's a start.
WHEW!
No comments:
Post a Comment