Thursday, February 16, 2012

Recovery

J was alot happier this time around.  He was released on Sunday which was a surprise to us all.  The earliest he has ever come home from a hospital stay.  I would almost say, it was too early..but I think the doctors know that he will get wonderful care at home and maybe not catch any germs this time.
Things are still swollen, some days are better then others.  But it's only been a week, so I say we are doing pretty good.  
We just started a new medicine for his night time and the side effects and cons are a little worrisome. I just hope and pray the doctor knows what he is doing and not using that gumball degree of his! Yes, last night was the first night J has slept through without getting up ever hour to an hour and a half.  But he was cranky!  So my question:
Do we continue to try this medicine out so J can get some sleep and then handle the crankiness (we've been handling it for 21 years) in the morning
or
Let J go back to the original medicines where he wasn't sleeping or just getting by with VERY minimal sleep and still being cranky.
Yes, he's cranky right now..but with the first option, Dad and I will get some sleep and maybe we won't be cranky? !
The second option...everyone gets cranky..
Choices, Choices

No comments: