Friday, April 5, 2013

Awareness

That time of year again....so do you have your blue lights out?  We decided this year to put a blue light out on the porch.  Just because :) 
I usually don't get to involved in the whole "Autism" thingy but in reality it's made a huge impact on our family.  
I hear so many complaints and frustrations of families that are trying to handle this whole Autism spectrum that I sometimes just want to shut them out and forget that my son has the label as well. Maybe it's because we have learned the hard way of how to deal with things and we do keep pretty private when issues arise (tempers). But it reality, we have been dealing with our sons Autism for over 17 years...remember back in the day of the dinosaurs they weren't so quick to label J..so he was a mystery for about 5ish years of his life.
We have had wonderful people help us when we needed them most and then those people that judged us at the most hurtful times.  
Autism is still a mystery as is our son J.  No matter what the mysteries bring us each day, J will always find love and safety in our home.

1 comment:

Bobby M. said...

Here is a link you might like to read. For work I did an event with these bloggers.

http://www.theimum.com/2013/04/app-roundup-apps-for-autism-awareness-2013/

They are promoting the autism awareness at well.