Thursday, March 21, 2013

So much Catching Up

The last time I left, we hadn't had sleep or seen any "drug" doctors.  So after the daylights savings rant, I did call his original drug doctor back and get an appointment for that Wednesday.  Remember he only works 1 day a week at this office for some reason.  I asked Dad to come with J and I to the appointment in case J was going to throw a wig, well, just for back up.  We go there, he's waiting for us and we start.  Dad and J are on the couch, I'm in a chair across from the idiot!
I catch him up on the hospital visits, the meds...etc.  Then he asks, why we are there.  I AGAIN, tell him about the night time medicine not being available or made. He asks me, so what do you want to do.  HELLO...get some night time meds you idiot!~
He then continues to tell me that since we have tried this family of meds and that family of meds and they just make J more hyper and because I won't allow him to go back to the family of meds that gave him NMS aka Dystonia, that there is really nothing he can do.
WHAT THE CRAP?! Yes, I said 2 swear words at him.  They were appropriately said.  Dad was even getting a little heated.  Dad and I looked at each other and I told him we were leaving.  The idiot (he no longer has my respect to even call him a Drug Doctor) asked if I was mad.  H#@$$ yes I was! But I politely said, "no I'm just frustrated with the lack of knowledge for my son", then I turned and left.
In the car, I apologized for using the choice words...but my husband said that they were needed.  Awesome! We then called an individual who created a night time medication using natural ingredients. J's brother knew of his research at the university and told us about it a while ago.  Two days later we were given a sample of his product. I have to say, I'm impressed.  Did it totally knock J out and had him sleeping.  No, but it calms him enough that there is no hitting, kicking, scratching (I hate nails on that boy!). We were only given a small dose because that is all he had in stock.  Once we get the correct amount, I'll tell you what it is.  
We have also been using Lavender, Serenity and an oil that begins with V but I can never remember it.  We use the 3 oils and rub them on J's feet (85% of the time he lets us) and then I have a sprayer that has diluted Lavender that I spray on his pillow, stuffed animal he sleeps with and the covers that come up to his face.  So far so good.  I don't know exactly how much sleep he is getting, but he is quiet for most of the night and just watches his TV.  He still is sleepy and sometimes "angry" in the morning so he puts himself back to bed.  It's awesome.  By mid-day, J is back to being happy. 
It will work until we see the new "drug" doctor in April.  Hopefully this individual didn't get his degree out of the same gumball machine as others or that his head is actually attached in the right place!

No comments: