Monday, October 21, 2013

Updates of all Updates

It's been a long month! We had a scope done on J to see if that is what's causing his pain. Dr. Surgeon said that the tunneling looked good but if we still wanted to go through with undoing it, he would schedule it. The next day we get a call from his office saying he had an opening for surgery the following Wednesday. This was also due to Dr. Surgeon moving to Minnesota! I asked if we could think about it over the weekend. We the asked family and close friends to pray and fast if they would like to help J's dad and I make the right decision. By Sunday night we knew surgery was our best answer. I emailed Dr. Surgeon and gave him our answer. Tuesday cam end we found out J's surgery was bright and early Wednesday.
Dad couldn't get off work, so I took him down and did all the check in etc. J went under pretty good. Surgery took about 2 1/2 hours. They found that some of the bowel had stuck to that stupid mesh we had problems with last year and that could have possibly been the kink or pain J was feeling. The surgeon then snipped the tunnel and accidentlu cut the bowel which leaked. He caught it all and made sure it was sewn and reinforced.
Of course there is always the issue of breathing. It wasn't as bad as in the past. It took a long while before we actually got a room, which is normal. They wouldn't give him anything stronger then Tylenol and that was every 12 hours. Let's just say from Wednesday to Friday it was Hell. Finally the sweetest lady that works with Dr. Surgeon told them to put him on something stronger. Yah! I also told the surgeon that I thought so ethi g else was wrong with J because of his heart rate, his low temp and o2 level. So he did checked his white count, x-rayed the lungs and... Low and behold Josh had aspirated again which cause a slight cause of phnemonia. Yeah, mom! So they starts him on antibiotics through the iv and heart rate has slowly been coming down.
Today, he is finally holding on to room air at 92, and they switched him to a liquid  antibiotic. One step closer to home. Fingers crossed. Dr. Surgeon....aka Dr. Sklow only has 2 more weeks here, so he will be able to watch and see oif J hpgets any infection.
I haven't a clue what we would have done without the amazing surgeon. He is one of the best and will surely be missed by our family.

No comments: