J had another procedure on Tuesday. This was to eliminate some swelling and discomfort from "down under." We went to the "hotel" 5 minutes late due to an accident and TONS of traffic. The checked us right in. Then while waiting in the waiting room to go back to the pre operating room, a guy comes up and asks if we want any snacks. Now I know that is there job, but when I told him no thanks, my son was having surgery and J got a little upset, the man just laughed. RUDE! I should have known after that, the day would be a trial to keep my drunken sailors mouth shut! When we got into our pre-op room, they did the usual vitals, everything was fine and then…we waited…we waited…we waited. For over 1 1/2 hours. Now for J in a bad room, this isn't good. The TV was on the blitz and he didn't want anything to do with the iPad. I was in trouble, that's for sure. So instead of having him sedated at 9:45 they started sedating him at 11:00.
The procedure itself only took 45 min. They called me back to the recovery room so that J didn't have a hard time and there the idiot surgeon was. I have found another one at the "hotel"!!! Her bedside manner SUCKED! she asked why J was on tylenol and ibuprofen and when I responded that it had only been 4 weeks from his last major surgery and that the "down under" was causing him pain. She said because of that, it was more "oozy" then she had anticipated. So now I feel like a really great mom (sarcasm). She continue to tell me that he needed to wear the "protective" wear to help the healing, I asked her how is J going to do this with a pull-up. She replied, "I don't know, you and the recovery nurse will have to figure it out or just put up with the mess." WHAT the HHHH? I don't think so. Then she left. Awesome!
J did fine with his o2 and went to the recovery from without any problems which was a blessing. The nurse then asked a male nurse for suggestions and thankfully he helped out.
J has been recovering better then we thought he would. We can tell when the pain is a little much, but nothing compared to a couple of months ago. Hopefully this is a start of something happy.
Dr. Sklow was right about the different surgeons there at the Hospital. There are very few that actually take the time to listen to the patient or their families. We are finding that out faster then we had wanted to.
No comments:
Post a Comment