Sunday, December 15, 2013

It's been a while

The last time I posted about J was after his "tender" surgery.  Well, we have had quiet the monthish. After a couple of weeks from this surgery, he went back for a follow up.  We found out that he had an infection, so they put him on a HUGE dose of antibiotics that made his break out terribly, so we lowered the dose.  Holy cow!  Dad and I also noticed that J was starting to show signs of "NMS" again. So I took him to his primary doctor who then ran some blood work.  According to J's blood, everything was fine.  Right? So his drooling, off balance, lack of swallowing, etc is because? So she said it was a medication problem.  So the Drug Doctor, who I like said to try to cut back on his night time meds because they are in the "anti-physicodic" family that caused J the NMS before. So we did…no sleep and HUGE behaviors. Dr. Drug then said to put him back on the normal dose and try a medication that they use for parkinson disease to see if it will help with the balance and stiffness.  Holy moly…we had bags, pull ups come off…etc…not fun.  So we took him off that after 3 days as well.
We are back to square one.  Dr. Drug has another "anti-physicodic" med that doesn't have as many side effects as the one J is on now.  My question was…do I want to start it before Christmas and possibly have a REALLY rough break or weight until Christmas is over and tackle it in the new year?  Is this causing permanent damage? Will J stop drooling, and go back to being a happy J-man or with all the surgeries in the last 3 years, is this what we get?  I know that's harsh to say, but it's real.
J really only likes watching trains now and going for short rides.  Long rides, he starts to get out of his seatbelt and gets anxious.  He doesn't like the iPad as much right now or even watching movies/tv.  UGH.  Back to being frustrated.

No comments: