Where to begin my rant?
After the pic line adventure, we were all expecting a call to have surgery the first part of this week. When you are told the first part of the week, generally it means Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. Right? Because we didn't hear anything before Monday, we knew it wasn't going to be then. Monday no calls which means no surgery on Tuesday, and by noon Tuesday, we still hadn't received a phone call, I decided to call. I called the surgeon's office and the receptionist said they had been talking about J but no surgery was scheduled. What? Had they forgotten the stoma has RETRACTED and would close. That they were just playing with fire AND my son's life!
She then told me that she would check with the surgeon and get back to me within the hour. Now in my calculations that would be 1 maybe 2:00p.m. So by 4:00 when there had been no call, I called again. She answered and said the surgeon wanted to talk with me after his last clinical and would be calling shortly. Great!
The surgeon called and said he didn't think J needed surgery. I reminded him of J's condition. I also asked if he was just going to wait until it closed completely and he had the balls to say YES. WTFetch? Really. So to my understanding they would like J to be in critical condition, because that's what happened last time it closed and BM spilled into his insides, before surgery. I don't think so!!!
He then asked if there was any obstruction, no there isn't, or if the appliance is having a hard time staying on because of the retraction, why yes...that's what's happening. In fact his skin has begun a rash. I guess that is what was needed to have surgery.
He then tells me that I needed to call at 7:00am this morning to see when J was scheduled and that on Friday he was leaving on vacation so someone else would be overseeing J's recovery. (you can fill in he blank as to what I said about now)
I called this morning at 7:00am like a good girl, and was told to stay by the phone all day. They didn't know when the surgery was going to be and that J couldn't have anything to eat/drink all day either. So why did I call to find out the time, just to be told to wait by the phone.
Can I just say how much I'm loving the University of Utah Hospital right now and this new surgeon!
As of right now, I WOULD not recommend him to even my worst enemy.
It's going to be a VERY long day. But not to worry, this mamma bear is sharpening her claws and is ready :)
No comments:
Post a Comment