Friday, January 24, 2014

Day 2

I think it is going pretty well actually. The surgery took a little over 4 hours. They wanted to take all precautions possible. They moved the illiostomy,  they closed up the original hole and also put in a feeding tube. I for some reason wasn't allowed in the recovery room with J which ticked me off beyond words. I was sent to his room where he later came up (on the usual floor) with all sorts of monitors. The recovery nurse must of had a bad day because when I asked her about a monitor, well let's just say I wasn't greeted well and then I was ignored. Awesome. 
Anyways, the first night and the following day, Thursday, was pretty I eventful. J did awesome. They are really good about managing his meds and pain. They started the feelings but then last night it got plugged due to a nurse that didn't flush it properly. 
I have to say, that the nurses on floor 5 have all been wonderful. 
The surgeon comes in at least 2 times, but he leaves on vaca today. An older Dr. Surgeon that helped during surgery has even been by to check on J-man. I really like the older guy.
J did start vocalizing about pain early this morning, which was good to hear. If you looked at his poor skinny tummy, it's all in staples, stitches and looks like a war zone.
He is definitely a fighter and for some reason his purpose on earth hasn't been fulfilled, yet.

No comments: