Monday, March 11, 2013

Daylight Changes + Meds = @#$%%

This is always a fun time for any one that has children on medications or behavioral problems.  Who invented it any ways?  They ought to come to my house and sit with J for a spell to feel the love for springin' an hour ahead!  Holy smokes!

Needless to say it has been a rough couple of weeks.  J hasn't been on enough night time medication to put him to sleep, thus resulting in over 2 weeks of maybe 3 hours total of sleep.  According to his regular physician, who asked the stupid question of, "Does J really need that much sleep?" No I didn't deck the doctor for that comment.  My reply in my head was...why don't you come to my house and find out (evil laugh). We have been trying desperately to find a new drug doctor. But somehow getting a referral is challenging to all parties especially when making sure they are covered on our insurance.  Today the "referral" lady kept giving me names that  weren't on my list, but she swore they were covered.  So I called those individuals to find out that they only treat in patient and not out patient.  So J needs to be in a home/place/ etc...to see these doctors.  STUPID! I had one doctor left that our primary doctor said to check out.  He wasn't on the referral list, but I called him anyways.  His nurse said all we needed was a referral from our primary doctor. No problem.  I told them to get one ASAP! I also told her we needed an appointment ASAP to get this boy to SLEEP.  She was suppose to get back to me, but hasn't...looks like more phone calls tomorrow.
JFYI for all those thinking they might have the answer to J's sleeping problem...we have tried EVERYTHING...yes, even oils! At least he hasn't broken anything yet....
fingers crossed!


No comments: