Sunday, April 11, 2010

Medicine Saga!

So everyone should know by now...J is NoT happy! He needs his magic pill. So...Here is the update on this load of CRAP! We have been calling the pharmacy (their the best) and it's the same story...insurance needs to have a doctor call in to approve it. So since last Tuesday that is what we've done. Well on Friday still nothing...the doctor said that they sent the approval over to the insurance..but wait, they are closed on Friday. Love Utah! So I call the pharmacy to see if it made it through. The answer...NO!!! They have to have the original doctor (genus from another planet, whom we have been trying to get a hold of since Tuesday) to give the approval. It didn't matter that his regular physician wrote the required document...Seriously...?!
So I called the doctor back and I get a "fill" in doctor since J's doctor is out. This is how the phone call went....
Dr. - Can I speak with J?
Me - Who?
Dr. - J?
Me - He can't come to the phone
Dr. - Why?
Me - I handle all of J's medical
Dr. - Do you have authorization (are you serious?!)
Me - Yes!
Dr. - Can you prove it?
Me - HUH? HOW! (getting very upset and wanting to use "certain" words)
Dr. - Can you prove that you can speak for J
Me - you mean like legal documentation because he is mentally handicap or has A?
Dr. - That's enough documentation I need. So I see you've called at 4, what is this for....

Okay, so I could go on and tell you how frustrated she made me...I mean seriously read the file on J before you call and don't act the a stupid doctor that just got her license out of a gum ball machine! I told her to just get J's regular doctor to call on Monday and hung up.
Since all this, J has been through alot (so have we...he is very strong) we decided to get 20 magic pills to hold us over until the insurance decides to get their heads out of the....yah...
The 28th can't come soon enough!

2 comments:

Kim said...

oh man! I hope they get this straightened out for you soon. Thanks for posting videos of Josh, I love to watch them!

Sharla Jordan said...

Wow, Ugh! So frustrating, keep hang in their you guys are amazing!