I'm not going to say it's been easy....it's been....(fill in the blank)
I think the hardest day was the second onto the third. J wasn't cooperating with everything that was going on.
Went through a couple of IVs...yes, he pulled them out or broke the tubing. When he doesn't like it, he'll get rid of it. The pain medicine was making him have more anxiety and obsessive then usual. The nurses actually thought this is how J really is at home. After a long 3rd day with Dad, I was able to relieve him. Seeing how J was acting, I suggested that they changed the pain medicine. A sister had told me that her husband had problems with this particular drug and suggested it. I am so grateful to her for mentioning it. The new pain medicine really helped. He does get a little "mad", but nothing like before and it takes a quicker effect...at least that is what I think. He was able to doze off and on during the night and has even made some jokes and commented on what is being watched on TV.
So the goals for today at the hospital....get the catheter out and get J walking around. As soon as he passes gas, they will let him have food. Remember he hasn't had food since last Friday so technically it's been almost a week. He is liking Sprite to drink, which is wonderful over yucky ice chips.
Progress is being made....just slowly.
1 comment:
All I can say is that you guys are all troopers!!! What a tough time!! I hope things continually improve.
Post a Comment