J had a rough night last night. Let's just say he was very thirsty which really isn't a bad thing, but every 5 minutes, wasn't fun. Then from about 4 am on his IV kept goin off every 4 minutes. Right as they would calm the beeping noise down and it seemed as though J was going back to sleep 2 minutes later...beeping! The doctors came in at 5:30 and just simply said they were running more blood work and that they would be "watching" J. It's later in the day and I haven't seen them again, so what really does it mean to doctors to be "watching" J?
We have tried to get him to eat some eggs this morning, since he likes them at home...but no go on that. So I asked for yogurt and yup...he ate it. The nutritionist came in to discuss lunch and dinner. I thought for sure J would love k-sadillas (hahah) and fries..but he wouldn't even eat that. So more yogurt for him. Getting him to eat pudding which he loves...is a huge chore. Some nurse might say I'm mean, but I won't give him any more "soda" until he has a bite of pudding...yes, I'm being serious...I mean, who doesn't want pudding? Crazy!
So for dinner he is having yogurt, pudding and mash potatoes with chicken gravy..We should take bets to see if he actually eats anything. I told the nutritionist about the shakes I had made for J for breakfast and she's going to make him one tomorrow. YAH!
I really want to know how much longer we have here.....Patients!
No comments:
Post a Comment