Monday, May 23, 2011

And you think your frustrated!!!!

Thursday J man threw up at school.  It wasn't pleasant! It was about 2 hours after he had eated "Apple Jacks"...well, they found a large pill that hadn't been dissolved yet.  SERIOUSLY!  So I go and get him from school, I'm one of those mothers....and by the time he got home and we got him in the RR to change... Montezuma revenge was upon us. It wasn't good.  But we were ready.  Poor J, just didn't look or feel good.  So what does this mother do, calls the doctor.  I get a reply about 2 hours later and explain the whole situation.  I was asked if there was any green bile in his throw up...no!  It's yellow!  Well, evidently when it turns green we need to be concerned.  That means there is a bowel obstruction.  Seriously, we shouldn't be concerned yet?  WOW! Later that afternoon, J is hungry, so we get some fries and sprite, cause that's what he wants.  No throw up or anything.  The doctor calls and says, it must have been an obstruction and that's how J releases it.  WONDERFUL!  J started getting color and his happiness back on Friday.  Saturday we tried a new medicine that is suppose to help with his stomach crapping.  Oh, it did alright, but with all the possibly side effects as well. Usually 95% of people don't get all the side effects, maybe just one or two.  But I notice some different behaviors...ADHD type...not yelling hitting...more like too many ants in his pants type...so I read the side effects.  This is where it gets funny.  A medicine that is suppose to help with cramping of the stomach has these side effects: nausea, headaches, dizziness, constipation, anxiety, hypo-activity, insomnia...etc...
Well, lets just say J has most of them already, this medicine just encouraged them to be more dominate.  It did help the pain and he has had some BM's, but there is no way we are giving this to him every day.  Oh my heavens.  He finally CRASHED on the couch yesterday over 24 hours later and even snored...So, I think his dad and I decided it might be a 1x a week medicine or when we've gone over the 24 without a BM.
HOLY MOLY!

No comments: