Wednesday, August 24, 2011

2 Down...last one next WEEK!

Yes, we saw the surgeon.
Basically we took a gamble to see if the first surgery would work.  Eventually, it hasn't!
There are two ways of doing this surgery.  Both can be reversed if J doesn't cooperated and leave things alone.
The first is easy to do then the second, but the second is a better surgery.  Make since...that's okay.
The first is a loop job with the bag and it's done through very small incisions but if J's body doesn't cooperate (let's lay bets on this one) then they have to do the 2nd which they make bigger cuts and it's harder to reverse.  
We basically put J in the hands of this surgeon not knowing which of the 2 is better.  He thought the first and if it doesn't work then we have the option for the 2nd.  Both will need some education and some teaching to J of what NOT to do.
When does this all happen:  October 5th.  So at least he will get a month in at school. 
The last doctor (drug) is next Wednesday!  I have only been waiting since May to get an appointment with him.
I'm thinking we will change up the night time meds or see if there is something that will knock this boy out, so Dad and I can sleep.
Actually the last 4 nights haven't been as bad as the rest of the summer, so who am I to complain?
Maybe by the holidays we can breathe.  

No comments: