I need to regain my composure before I blog about our experience with the Urologist.......
My composure is back.
We met another doctor from Oz. He was a scarecrow looking to find his brain!
And that is saying it nicely!
We were under the understanding from our physician that J would find out some answers as to why the non urination...nope, that wasn't the case. Instead we had an appointment with a doctor who be little anyone who is of the opposite sex and doesn't follow the text book.
GREAT...another one!
These were some of the questions he asked and you will understand our frustrations:
How does J urinate? Is it a normal flow? I answered these questions, but evidently my answers weren't good enough, so he asked Dad the same, in a round about way.
Where is the catheter? Seriously, where do you think it is?!
Does he mind having it in? okay, by this time, I know I was secretly being held back, because Dad knew I had flames coming out of my ears and just wanted to smack him...the doctor!
He said it could be a neurological bladder which means, it's not doing what it suppose to do...DUH! and there is a slight possibility that J would always have a cath...he asks...would that be possible.
Me trying to answer in the most pleasant voice at this point...."if this is the only possible way and the final result, we will deal with it, just like we had to deal with a Illiostomy bag, which was our LAST resort!
Hmmm, he says...then he sets up an appointment to get some type of nuero test done up at the U on Wednesday. I ask if J is getting the cath out and he hesitated...but finally agreed. If J doesn't go to the bathroom before Wed, we are to take him right away to this idiots clinic at the U and have another straight cath.
THANKFULLY we have had to change J 2x because of a full pull-up!
Now just imagine having 3 straight caths and then having one in for 3 days...would you honestly feel like using the restroom knowing how it's going to feel?
I'm praying that the doctor we GET to see on Wednesday doesn't come from OZ!
My composure is back.
We met another doctor from Oz. He was a scarecrow looking to find his brain!
And that is saying it nicely!
We were under the understanding from our physician that J would find out some answers as to why the non urination...nope, that wasn't the case. Instead we had an appointment with a doctor who be little anyone who is of the opposite sex and doesn't follow the text book.
GREAT...another one!
These were some of the questions he asked and you will understand our frustrations:
How does J urinate? Is it a normal flow? I answered these questions, but evidently my answers weren't good enough, so he asked Dad the same, in a round about way.
Where is the catheter? Seriously, where do you think it is?!
Does he mind having it in? okay, by this time, I know I was secretly being held back, because Dad knew I had flames coming out of my ears and just wanted to smack him...the doctor!
He said it could be a neurological bladder which means, it's not doing what it suppose to do...DUH! and there is a slight possibility that J would always have a cath...he asks...would that be possible.
Me trying to answer in the most pleasant voice at this point...."if this is the only possible way and the final result, we will deal with it, just like we had to deal with a Illiostomy bag, which was our LAST resort!
Hmmm, he says...then he sets up an appointment to get some type of nuero test done up at the U on Wednesday. I ask if J is getting the cath out and he hesitated...but finally agreed. If J doesn't go to the bathroom before Wed, we are to take him right away to this idiots clinic at the U and have another straight cath.
THANKFULLY we have had to change J 2x because of a full pull-up!
Now just imagine having 3 straight caths and then having one in for 3 days...would you honestly feel like using the restroom knowing how it's going to feel?
I'm praying that the doctor we GET to see on Wednesday doesn't come from OZ!
No comments:
Post a Comment