Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Surgery #6

Well, another stay at our friendly hotel is in the works.  We'll know definitely when in the next couple of days.  We were told surgery would be in a couple of weeks...so I'm thinking Octoberish.
Here is what happened at our favorite surgeon's office (yes, I like this doctor)
I had been sending pictures off and on since the emergency surgery was needed to release the infection.
I told him that J had been acting completely different, not eating a whole lot (he lost 5 pounds since the last visit), anxiety so high that Vailum isn't working (read last post) and sleep is non existence.
He said the mesh doctor wanted to wait 3 months to see if the infection would clear up.
Holy @#$%!!!!
I said with the amount of antibiotics they had J on for 2 weeks following the surgery and a draining tube, you would think after 8 weeks it would be gone if that is what it was going to do.  I just don't have a good feeling about this mesh stuff and as soon as I said that Dr. Surgeon said he was on our side and knew my intuition was usually spot on.  He would speak with Dr. Mesh and tell him of our concerns and if Dr. Mesh didn't want to take it out, then Dr. Surgeon would.
YAH!
I also told him I was holding back some pretty choice words that I could really say at this point
 (let me remind you of the VERY little hours of sleep I have been enjoying lately) his response was, that I would go ahead and say them because he is a Jersey boy.  HAHHA!
I don't know if they will anchor it again with something else or take another chance his stoma will stay in place.

No comments: